Wednesday, December 21, 2016

More Donations

I needed another day before updating since I wanted to take a few photos this time.  I did manage to pull 22 items (caught up through tomorrow!) from my closet.  This includes a couple of things pictured below that I have had in my wardrobe since I worked for Polo Ralph Lauren.  I've been carting these things all over the country and I realized yesterday that it was time to let go.


Pictured here are a brown chalk-stripe double breasted blazer, a tweed skirt, and multiple long sleeved shirts all from Polo Ralph Lauren that I honestly haven't worn in years.

I also donated a striped t that is mostly brand new but somehow already has pin holes across the front.  That's what I get for cheaping out on something! Of the 22 items, more than half are tennis outfits that my mom handed down to me when we joined a tennis club a few years back.  I kept two outfits and one skirt and I am donating the rest.  I just don't need that much stuff.  In fact, since we don't belong to the tennis club anymore, it's likely these kept items will end up as a donation before this year is out anyway.

Also included in this batch is a Banana Republic tank blouse that I bought and never wore and a sleeveless sweater from Madewell that I wore once or twice and decided I didn't like how it looked on me.  These two items (and the old Polo things above) perfectly illustrate WHY I have too much.  And I keep stuff like this because I like it or 'it gives me joy' but yet I don't wear it (or can't wear it) and it's just stupid.

Rick and I are talking about selling everything we own and moving into an Airstream and traveling the country.  It's mostly a pipe-dream since we still have two large dogs and a cat and I cannot imagine that would be a good situation for any of us...but maybe someday.  Even thinking about the space we'd have with that kind of a lifestyle makes me a little more ambitious with my purging!

No comments:

Post a Comment