Monday, November 28, 2016

Made a purchase!

That's right - I bought something new that is wardrobe related...and on CyberMonday, no less!  A few weeks ago, I noticed that my 4+ year old dog walking waterproof clogs were no longer waterproof. I wear these every single day and my feet were getting wet.  I wasn't sure if it was sweaty feet until I started needing socks (as it got colder) and now I can see from the socks that the wetness starts at the toes. Upon further investigation, I could see that the seals along the rubber were cracked open on both feet.  I actually tried gluing them back together but I think the rubber has dried out or deformed as I could not get it to seal again.  The whole purpose of these shoes was to be able to walk my dogs with dry feet (and good traction) so I am going to replace them.  LLBean was having a sale and free shipping, so I ordered a new pair. I will donate the old pair to Goodwill.  The soles are super worn (traction is failing) but they are still thick and while they do leak slightly, they will still keep one drier than a pair of tennis shoes.  In the PNW, that's a pretty big deal.  I'll donate them as soon as my new ones arrive.

I've also been removing things from my closet on a weekly basis (not daily, but I make sure I have one thing for each day that passes).  My latest donation was a pair of Mountain Hardwear tights.  I wore them once ages ago and didn't like them much but I couldn't remember why.  I wore them to PT last week and now I remember!  They are oddly not stretchy in the right places, somewhat 'thin' looking in other places and they are dog hair and lint magnetic...not good for solid black tights. They are now in the donation box along with a couple of sports bras, some pairs of thick wool socks and enough barrettes and headbands to outfit an entire cheer-leading squad! I finally pulled all the tortoise-shell colored accessories out of my stash...I'll never wear them again even if I have long hair again one day as they look stupid with silver hair.  I'm not counting the hair accessories as 'wardrobe removals' but they are in the donation box anyway.  I'm also tossing out a ratty nightshirt I used to wear.  It's way too full of holes to donate, the wrong material to be a rag, so it's going into the trash.

11/22: # Nike sports bra
11/23: # dk grey oddly un-supportive sports bra
11/24: # ratty nightshirt
11/25: # pair of wool hiking socks
11/26: # pair of thick cable socks
11/27: # pair of wool hiking socks
11/28: # mountain hardwear tights



No comments:

Post a Comment