Monday, October 24, 2016

Catching up on donations

I wasn't sure how much I'd like 'blogging' about the items I donate but I think it's a good idea.  It's keeping me on track because it turns out that it is really easy to forget about this as life goes on!  I know that it's not the most interesting subject matter, so going forward I will try to condense as much as possible and only take pictures of items that might be unique (once I've finished the current collection).

On the 'buy nothing new' front, I faced a challenge last week.  While traveling to Florida for work,  I did a few workouts in a local Orange Theory Fitness studio.  They had some OTF branded gear different from what they have at my home studio and I was really tempted. I even considered making an 'excuse' that it was OK since I was traveling, but then realized that was really stupid.  I don't NEED anything.  Temptation averted!

Donation #18 & 19: Two baseball hats.  I bought the Napali coast one after our epic kayaking adventure and as much as I loved that trip, I've never worn this hat.  I have memories...I don't need the hat.  The other hat is left over from my days in retail at Polo Ralph Lauren.  It's a minimum of 20 years old and it also doesn't get worn.
Donations 20 - 23: Three t-shirts...in a pile.  Nothing interesting about these except maybe that purple wall behind them.  That's the accent wall in my office/guest room.  Fabulous color, isn't it? :-)

Donation 24: workout pants.  Bought these from Fabletics because they had a drawstring (key feature for workout pants for me) but they are just way too heavy-weight for indoor workouts but not suited to outdoor running in the wet Oregon winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment