Tuesday, October 11, 2016

On the Mend!

Donations 7 & 8:


Donations 9, 10 and 11 are a striped t like the one pictured above but in navy, a bathing suit and a pair of New Balance Minimus shoes.  I'll take more pictures going forward but while the T is cute, no one needs to see an old bathing suit or beaten up shoes!

My eye is healing.  Slowly but surely.  The first few days were pretty brutal as expected but I'm back at work today and doing pretty well, It's still gross looking and will likely remain so for a few weeks.  I'm hoping that at my doctor's appt tomorrow, I get to reduce the number of times per day that I need to put in drops.  Four is a lot and kind of a pain in the butt.

Because my eye cannot take 'stimulus' like breezes, heat, cold or the sun, I've been staying indoors. I've also been going pretty stir-crazy since I went from almost daily exercise to none.  On Sunday I managed to walk on our treadmill in the garage (with no fan on me) for about 2 miles and then I lifted some light upper body weights.  After that, we thought that maybe a walk in an indoor mall would do me good as well.  My husband and I headed to one of two enclosed malls in our area and prepared to fight the crowds to 'walk the mall circuit' a bit.  It was really weird to be walking past all these stores and all this clothing and know that I can't even buy one little thing.  I didn't really want to but it felt weird knowing that I couldn't even if I did.  I think that speaks to my consumerism tendencies and it partly explains how I managed to amass such a huge wardrobe when I worked in retail and was in these places every single day.  I mean, to say "I'm not going to buy anything" and then never go into a store, open a catalog or browse the internet is easy.  There is no temptation.  It's like saying I'm only going to eat healthy food when living on a ranch where there is only healthy food in the fridge and you don't have a car or anything within walking distance.  The hard part would be to continue to expose myself to temptation and still not buy.  I'm not ready for that yet, but I suspect that might have to be a part of my plans this year just to say that I could do it.  Of course, there was a Tesla store in the mall...I would have been happy to go in there and buy something...a car is not part of my wardrobe, right!?

Anyway, this past weekend I did pull out all of my fall/winter clothing and packed away the few things I have that are just too summery (shorts, a few sundresses, sandals).  I will be in FL next week, but I have enough light weight things to cover me and I did keep one pair of shorts out to take along. It was much nicer to get ready for work with a freshened wardrobe this morning...even if there was nothing truly new...just things I'd missed seeing all summer.  Nothing like pulling on a pair of pretty tall black boots to make a girl feel good about herself!

I also came across the bin of clothing that doesn't fit me.  I was shocked at how full it is...  I will really need to make my final weight decision soon if I plan to keep these clothes.  Otherwise, I'll run out of things to donate much faster than I had anticipated!  I'm so close too...maybe 10 lbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment