Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Fix that eyeball!


Item #5: jeans.  I'd bought these to tide me over when I'd gained a little too much weight to be comfortable in my favorite jeans.  Now these are too big again so they are going to goodwill.  I'm also posting Item #6 now since I won't be able to do much involving my eyes this afternoon or tomorrow.  Item #6 is a hoodie from Nike.  I bought this at a Sports Authority store-closing sale without even trying it on.  It fits, but I don't like it.  Too stiff, too thick and the arms are too long and have thumb-holes.  I hate thumb-holes in my sleeves!

Today is my eye surgery.  I'm having the pterygium in my right eye removed later this afternoon. This means that this evening and most of the day tomorrow, I'll be on the couch doing my best not to tear my hair out or gouge out my eyes.  The surgery involves the cutting of the damaged tissue off my eyeball and then replacing it by gluing in (yes, glue!) a piece of non-damaged material from up under my eyelid.  I don't remember it being all that painful when I had my left eye done in May, but I do remember how incredibly irritating it was.  If you know what it feels like when a strand of hair pokes you in the eye, then imagine that from multiple hairs and constantly, and you get the idea of what I'll be dealing with.  I can't wait! *eyeroll*...or don't...'cause that hurts like a son-of-a-b!  Then I get to spend the next month or so with a zombie-looking eye and people looking at me funny.

Big sigh.  Knowing that the end result will be stable vision and the ability to get updated prescription glasses (and maybe contacts) will get me through the next week.  That and knowing that this is eye #2 and I don't have a third!  *wink*...or not...that hurts like a son-of-a-b, too!

Think lubricating thoughts for me...will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment