Sunday, October 2, 2016

Wardrobe Donations Begin

I started my challenge yesterday, October 1st.  No more buying things to wear.  None.

Early last week my husband bought a Patagonia Nano Puff hooded jacket.  I really liked it and felt it would be a great grab and go jacket all winter (our winters are mild and wet), so I ordered one online for me (well before Oct 1).  Thinking that I was being smart, I ordered an XS men's version from last year for $124 instead of the original $250, directly from Patagonia.  Today we went to REI to look at backpacking gear.  While there, I found the men's jacket and tried it on in a small (they had no xs) to see if it would fit.  It will be perfect in the shoulders, arms and chest...but waaayyy too tight in the hips.  I won't even be able to zip it.  :-(  Oh well, guess I'll just ship it back when it arrives.   Rick suggested just going ahead and getting the women's version...even if it's full price.  Yeah, great idea except that I can't buy anything anymore.  When I pointed that out, I could tell that he felt a little sorry for me (even if just briefly!).  Well, now he sees what this challenge will mean!

No biggie though - later today I stumbled upon a fleece lined hard-shell jacket I bought on a whim last year and it'll serve the exact same purpose.  I'd totally forgotten that I had it and it's one of my favorites!  And, as a bonus, it actually fits me.  This is why I need to get rid of more clothing...favorites in hiding.  We can't have that!

Yesterday I pulled a light weight orange sweater out of my closet to donate. I bought it for our trip to Maui and wore it there, but I've not worn it since.  I saw it in the front of my closet all summer long and never once pulled it on.  Time for it to go to someone who will appreciate it.


Today I selected a white tech t that I've never even worn.  Such a shame.
















I also plan to pull out a few things in advance to cover my give-aways for Wed - Fri when I'll be recovering from eye surgery.  I doubt I'll want to even look at my closet then!

Let the purging begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment